|1. Does the school offer Higher Mother Tongue Languages?|
The school offers Higher Chinese, Higher Malay and Higher Tamil Language within curriculum time.
2. What is the cut-off aggregate for the Express intake over the last 3 years?
The cut-off aggregate for the last 3 years have hovered around 246. The highest PSLE aggregate of the pupils in Anderson Secondary School varies from 254 to 266. In view of the fact that the current cohort is smaller, the cut-off score is likely to change. All students, regardless of PSLE scores, are encouraged to apply to our school. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student's aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools' academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
3. Does the school have Normal (Academic) and Normal (Technical) classes?
There are two Normal (Academic) and one Normal (Technical) classes each year.
4. What are the school’s strong CCAs?
Our school offers a range of CCAs - uniformed groups, sports, performing arts groups as well as clubs. All our CCAs have performed very well at SYF, Best Unit Awards and zonal sports competitions.
5. Are there any affiliation points for Anderson Primary School pupils entering Anderson Secondary School?
We do not have any feeder primary school. Anderson Primary School pupils are not given special preference.
6. Can a DSA applicant request for transfer to another school after opting for and are successfully posted to Anderson Secondary School?
No. Once a DSA applicant opts for and is successfully posted to Anderson Secondary School, he/she will not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. The applicant is expected to honour his/her commitment to the posted DSA-Sec school, for the duration of the programme that he/she is admitted to.
Home > Admission > FAQs for Parents (2018)