The Cyber Wellness programme in Anderson Secondary is guided by MOE’s Cyber Wellness Framework which is underpinned by the principles of “Respect for Self and Others” and “Safe and Responsible Use" and the 3-step process of Sense, Think and Act.
The objectives of the Cyber Wellness programme are to
- equip students with life-long social-emotional competencies and sound values so that they can become respectful and responsible users of Information and Communication Technology (ICT),
- strengthen students’ roles as positive peer influence and
- Develop and leverage on partnerships with relevant stakeholders (i.e parents, external organisations) to augment school’s efforts.
In line with the MOE Cyber Wellness curriculum, Cyber Wellness lessons are carried out on the following topics
· balanced use of ICT,
· online identity and expression,
· online relationships,
· handing online content and behaviour,
· about the Cyber World,
· Cyber Bullying,
· Cyber Contacts,
programmes such as Cyber Wellness assembly talks are also conducted to educate
students to be responsible digital learners and engage in appropriate online
behaviour and etiquette.
Our ICT Cyber Wellness Student Ambassadors role model safe
and responsible online behaviours in their respective classes, create a
positive presence online, advice peers on the appropriate online behaviours and
report inappropriate or upsetting online behaviours.